The compensation that someone receives after being in a car accident depends on the severity of the injuries and property damage that he or she suffered as a result of the accident. Money will generally be awarded to cover the following:
- Medical bills and expenses;
- Ongoing rehabilitation, physical therapy, or necessary medical treatments;
- Lost wages;
- Future earnings that would have been paid but for the accident;
- Pain and suffering;
- Permanent disability or disfigurement;
- Property damage; and
- Other miscellaneous expenses incurred as a result of the accident.
If a loved one was killed in a car accident, you may be entitled to compensation for the wrongful death and loss of companionship.
If you have been involved in an accident, you likely have many more questions than what we have addressed above DeHoyos & Connolly, PLLC is ready to answer all of your legal questions. We are committed to working with you to protect your legal rights and develop a case strategy based upon what works best for you. Although we are always prepared to go into court and fight for your rights, we are always willing to attempt a negotiated resolution if it is in your best interest or you wish to avoid a courtroom.